Enjoy your SGS2 the Fullest
HOME SCREEN TIPS
- Pinch the Home screen to reveal thumbnails of your screens like on HTC Phones ( same applies to your apps drawer)
- Click on the Dots on the Home screen to go to the respective screen.
- Press and hold a dot to turn it in to a slide bar and fast scroll between screens.
- Press and Slide your finger left or right on top notification bar to adjust your screen brightness.
- Long Press on empty screen to add widgets/ wallpapers etc.
- Left swipe on contact to message and right swipe to call.
- On the right hand side click on alphabets to jump to corresponding contact.
- If you open the camera app and long press just above the settings button ( menu > Edit Shortcut ) you can add two more settings of your choice besides the camera/video and flash shortcuts.
- Click anywhere on the screen to focus.
- SGS2 (Gingerbread) – Home Button + Power Button = Screenshot. This one is all about timing so might take a bit of practice.
- SGS2 ( IceCream Sandwich) – Power Button and Down Volume Button Pressed together
- Long Press Home button to bring up Task Manager
- Double Tap Home Button to bring up Voice Commands and other options
CHANGE DEFAULT FONT
- You can change the fonts system-wide, including default text on websites and apps in Settings -> Display -> Screen Display -> Font Style menu… There’s 3 to choose from:Default Font
ARRANGE YOUR APPS
- Menu > Edit in your apps to group them in folders or rearrange them.
- Swipe left or right on the keyboard to go to other characters/numbers quickly.
- Settings on keyboard gives you options of different keypad types including Handwriting.
- Pinch once in calendar App to display all the months of the year.
- An Easter egg you didn’t know about (it’s from Google), if you go to preferences >about phone and click three times fast on Android Version you get an Artwork .
SECRET CODES FOR SGS2
Will only work with the official Dialer might not work with third party dialers, please be careful when fiddling with codes
*#0*# - Takes you to LCD TEST MODE
*#9900# – Takes you to System Dump, where Disabling Fast Dormancy gives a boost to your network speed on some networks (both wifi and Gprs), same code to re-enable it.
*#1234# - Check your Firmware version.
*#06# - Imei Code
*#2263# – Network modes select
Full Comprehensive Code List Here